Monday, January 02, 2006

The New Year Has Begun

Mom and Dad just left. We had a really nice time. On Saturday (the day they came) Jerome, Charles and I went to Jim's wedding. I wore a cute little A-frame white skirt with black and pink designs on it and a plain black shirt. Totally thinking SJP with exception of the Manolo's (did I spell that right?). Anyway the ceremony was nice and simple. The bride wore a beautiful sage green dress that would have been a BEAUTIFUL shower curtain. (ha). They were both married before so green is appropriate I suppose. Anyway the weather was perfect for an outdoor wedding luckily for them. The reception was at the same place-in the park and they had every party platters that Publix makes. Not too bad.

During the wedding I sat and talked to George's kids. Ann Marie is 13 and Louis is 15. Louis and I talked a lot. He wanted to hear all about NY. He loved my skirt and Louis Vitton handbag and wants to be a performer at Disney for now. Do you see a pattern? I hope he can be who he wants to be w/o his Dad's religious anti-everything attitude. He's a lovable kid.

Then later that night our neighbors had a get together. Everyone brought food. There was: my develed eggs of course, shrimp, meatballs, 7-layer dip, some sort of spinach/filo dough, Thai chicken, veggies/dip, etc..... Dad and Mom both came over and grabbed a plate and hung for a little bit. They fell asleep about 10, Jerome about 11:30 and Charles and I about 1am. Was nice not to have to worry about Charles running around the street since it was blocked off. All the kids played some game named, "Bloody Murder". Kind of like a detective game.

Then the next day, we bought 2 rotisserie chickens and smoked some ribs (they came out good but a little too salty for me-they needed more BBQ sauce-and we made way too many). I also cooked tomatoes and okra (which Mom LOVED), Sauteed baby spinach in bacon, Rice/sausage, develed eggs, corn bread, black eyed peas, and fudge marble cake. Everyone said how good it was and I felt proud to cook for the family a good "southern meal". They especially like the spinach-even Jerome. So what do northern people eat on the 1st of the year????

Anyway, hope you like my long blog entry and don't get too hungry. I am on a major diet starting...................Tomorrow.

No comments: