Saturday, January 07, 2006

The second day of 2006

New Year's Day was great. Spent time with family and friends. Eventually our company had to leave on Sunday and we basically gelled later that day watching movies and playing board games.
On Monday, Charles and I went to visit the Atlantic Ocean which is luckily only about 4 blocks away. Only having to cross A1A (which for now is still only 2 lanes) is the only big feat. Mac was going to George's to watch the Gator Football game and I wanted to get the rest of us out of the house while the weather was nice. The sun was brightly shining and the temp. was about 78-80 degrees or so. Perfect! I felt the sun warming my skin and it actually felt as if I were soaking something up. Vitamin D I guess. I must have needed it because it felt really good. We walked about a mile down the beach and climbed up and down this huge wall of sand that Mother Nature had constructed using the ocean. We scoped the beach for hidden treasures and ran from huge monsters concocted by Sir Charles' inventive mind. After walking back to the towel, I again "gelled" and Charles ran down to meet some new friends. I'm glad he is not shy. I probably wouldn't have been so brave at his age. I would have just sat and played in the sand with my brother. Anyway, he hung out with 4 children ages ranging from 2 yrs to about 7 or 8. They played in the sand a while but then had to leave due to their mothers request. Charles eventually found a new set of kids who wanted to play in the water. Wanting to keep up, he happily ran in and braved the 62 degree freezing water just to play. As a wave would come up they would have this look on their face like "ITS SOOOO COLD, BUT SOOOOO FUN!". A smile that wouldn't quit and I had to laugh outloud a few times. I love to watch him enjoy "natural" fun if you know what I mean. I reveled in the beauty of living so close to something so fun and FREE! I could never get sick of the beach. I sat and enjoyed listening to all of the 'beach' sounds like people playing, waves, seagulls. O course the best part is PEOPLE WATCHING. Got ya beat Bobby, at least they are half naked down here! We enjoyed the rest of our stay and finally walked home only to find bad news waiting...

2 comments:

Bobby said...

sounds wonderful....
I know where to hang out this summer!

Anonymous said...

It won't be long until you're walking the beach with your son AND your mother. Problem is, she's liable to garner all the looks, whistles and attention. Whatcha gonna do then???