Saturday, February 11, 2006

In Response to Comments

Thank you all for reading my blogs and leaving your comments. I sure apprectiate them. I would, however, like to respond to some of them.
In reference to the issue of who Mimi caters to. I'm not so sure that black is more politically correct than colored. Some would beg to differ that black is really not a color, but white is. For some reason I am trying to raise my son not to say black. We actually say brown. Let me rephrase;
"Mimi caters to mainly brown people."
Is there any color that is offended by this statement?

Also, regarding the Madonna/Mimi comment. I think Madonna has certainly set the bar in the entire entertainment industry. She has shown that you dont really have to know how to sing in order to be in the music business. Don't get me wrong, she has had some good singing songs that were in her range but she is known, I believe, as more of a showgirl. Which is great. We really need more of that. I only compared her to Mimi because they seemed to be the hottest women of this year. Madonna refuses to lay low and I admire that in her. I also admire her desire to do more than just sing and dance.
Poor Gwen. This wasnt your year. I love ya girl. Have that baby and get back out there! I do think you are far more beautiful than ANY one of the other women! Prego or not!
As far as the best singer of the night, Mary was great and has a great unmistakeable R&B voice but clearly the best singer of the night was either Kelly Clarkson or Christina Aguilara (with Herbie Hancock). Now THEY really have some pipes. Kelly was picked not cause she can dance or look pretty, but because she can really SING! Luckily for her, Beyonce didnt sing one of her hits. I think she has some pipes too and Kelly would have had a run for her money. Have you seen Beyonce do classical? OMG!!
And what the heck has happend to Jamie Foxx!? During the Grammys, the shows of Madonna and the "brown" people were plainly more exciting than that of Bruce, that country dude that Nicole is dating or even Paul McCartney. (Another person who refuses to lay low-even though he should)

P.S. Bono Rocks too!

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Actually, I think black and white are classified as non colors. I work in West Harlem, and honestly, I don't think political correctness is that important. I know that I don't say colored, I do say black. You should hear what my kids call each other.. Black is not bad at all. Most Importantly, remember girl, it is your blog, you can say whateva the hell you want!