Thursday, March 30, 2006

I WON THE LOTTERY!!!

Actually I didn't win anything. I just wanted to see if I could get some more readers based on the headline AND get your attention.

Did you all miss my highly interesting blogs? Well nothing highly interesting has happened lately. Allow me to share several thoughts, stories and updates in one long blog that should last until something else comes to mind.

I walked the bridge this morning after several weeks off and several days sitting, working at a computer all day. I sure felt the burn today. . . No, not the burn of fat dissolving off my body but the burn of the thick flesh of my thighs rubbing together. Needless to say, I need to do this more often. I know I am doing good when they quit chafing as I sweat.
I did get to see my usual dolphins. I am so disappointed if I don't see at least one. Even if it's just a tail. Today, they were feeding on a batch of baitfish which attracted the pelicans. Nature is so amazing.

These past few weeks have been hectic at work. We finished yet another deadline. I worked on the April issue cover but after doing so many ads, I guess my creative juices ran out. Either way, I did the major work and Heike, Karen and I unanimously came up with the color scheme. Works out fine by me. I also spent a few extra days working on ads for the 2006 Melbourne Art Festival (which I hope to enter with original artwork one of my living days) and I had the privilege of designing the cover again this year. I will figure a way to post that. I think I am going to hunt down the artist of the painting that we used for the cover and have him/her sign it. I should have done that last year. They usually have booths at the Art Fest.

Charles is on Spring Break and it hasn't been so exciting for him. However, I think he is just enjoying the time at home with us. As you know, when school starts up, the schedules get strained and time together is spent mostly on the weekends. Anyway, yesterday we went to the courthouse to pay my tickets. (ok, so the ticket could have been for BARELY running a red light but the nice, young, handsome officer gave little ol' me a nice BIG break. Instead of major fine and points I got 2 tickets for not having proof of registration or insurance-which I did-get it). Sooooo, I took the opportunity to show Charles a life lesson that will hopefully stick. Luckily it was not at a major expense to me! He was interested to see the courthouse and assumed that we were going to see a judge. (he said he wanted to say "hi" to the judge if he wasn't too busy). We made our way through the security checkpoint and past the poor people waiting in line for court to the clerk of courts. (Gigi's old job at the city of Winter Park). To Charles' disappointment we only spoke to a woman behind the counter. However, my point was made when we got to the cashier and I had to hand over $15 only to get nothing in return. He was amazed.

We then went to BK drive through for a croissant & coffee for me and hash browns for him and then to the bank to deposit the majority of my Brevard Live April issue paycheck. A nice one at that due to a nice bonus from Heike for such a good month. Thanks BL! I am very lucky. I also get free lunches on deadline week and a full body massage once a month. Those Germans can be quite generous if you do them right.
We got home, I packed tuna sandwiches. NOTHING tastes better than my cold tuna fish sandwiches at the beach. Right MOM D? Celery, mayo and pickles for me and celery, mayo and onions for Mac. Charles will learn. For now he just had ham and cheese. For some reason, the same sandwich can taste much better at the beach than at home. We also had chips and sodas. It was really nice.

Mac tried to go out surfing but he doesn't have a wet suit, only a vest so he got a weeee bit chilly and had to come in after about 30 minutes. Pooor poor wittle Florida boy.
I came home afterwards and went shopping for this years bathing suit. I found one at the big W for $24. It is hot pink with a rhinestone heart on one side of the top and the hip. I wonder how long those will last. My bathing suits only tend to last one year. When the new one comes in the old one is retired to my 'backyard' bathing suits and my old backyard bathing suits are thrown out.

After that I went grocery shopping for basic necessities and dinner ideas. Of course I draw a blank when I get to the store and cant remember one damn recipe. So I just get various meats, snacks, drinks and sides like pasta, rice, veggies & fruits. I don't buy many desserts because I am usually the one who ends up eating most of them. Every now and then I will buy a batch of cookies or make brownies. This time I bought pudding. Chocolate and banana cream. I made the chocolate last night. Mac wanted to eat it so bad but he says it breaks him out but Charles and I did. I will save the Banana cream for the weekend and make real banana pudding with nilla wafers and real banana or a banana cream pie. Whatever vote wins.

The other night I made boneless beef ribs with an oj & bbq sauce and rice a roni, green beans and biscuits. Am I a true southern girl or what? Charles LOVED it. Is he a true southern boy or what?

Simon has now learned to catch and return frisbees (rather well), sit, speak, shake, lay down and we are working on roll over. Smart guy. He smells sooooo good after a bath and I gave him one yesterday, he was REALLY dirty.

Thanks for all of your compliments on my dress for the wedding. My new theory for picking out clothing is "WWMD". What would mom's do? Carroll and Annette included. I tried to imagine what they would say about the dresses on me or the suit on Charles even though he was MUCH easier to pick stuff out for.

Once again, the wedding was really nice. I keep dreaming about the food. The whole evening went rather quick. Good thing I got some pictures to remind.
Well it's another day off for me. I go back to work tomorrow and Annette will be down to visit for the weekend. I will do some laundry today and we will find something to do as a family today and rest tonight. Im not sure what for dinner but I have some ground round out and I will more than likely invent something based on the ingredients in my cupboard.

I am not suprised LIsa got voted off. I agree with Bobby, all of their performances could have been much better. Watch out Bucky, Ace and Blondie!!! Gooooooo Taylor and Katherine!!!!!!

Also, just dropping a hint;
A cruise for Xmas would be great.
BYOTIOP Style- (Buy your own tickets instead of presents).
Anyone want to try to work it out despite very different schedules?

Much Love, Miss all - Keep on bloggin ya'll

2 comments:

Annette said...

who is Mom D

Bobby said...

I would LOVE to do that! I would love to take a cruise where no one has to cook, clean, or worry about anything. We could even "exchange" one name so that we could have ONE gift on Christmas, and of course Charles too! That would be great, and I am sure the ships do something really special for their cruisers for Christmas!

Isn't Mom D - Mom Denardo

GORGEOUS weather here today!