Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Poety with Emotion

This moving poem was sent to me by my mother on Christmas of 2003.


IF WE WERE DOLPHINS

If we were dolphins, you and me
We'd play all day in the open sea
Jumping through waves, stirring up sand
While dancing to a crustacean band
Just you and me and me and you
Can you just imagine what we would do
Sing with the mermaids, tease all the fish
Just being with you is what I wish


Whenever you see a dolphin pair
Just think of me and I'll be there
Imagine that it were you and me
At play together in the open sea
Think of us and how we'd play
Jumping offshore a Caribbean Cay
We'd swim and we'd frolic until it was night
Then rest for a bit and swim out of sight

Maybe someday as dolphins we'll be
But just for now, please think of me
The joy and the smile that a dolphin displays
Will remind you of me in all kinds of ways
For my spirit will always be with you
Every day in all you do
Some beautiful day when you see dolphins at play
I'll be there with you then - and everyday.

No comments: