Saturday, May 20, 2006

Random Thoughts Vol. 1

AM IDOL: I am really glad to see Taylor and Katherine in the top two. Really, I think America votes for humble people. When your head gets too big, it shows! Taylor may not be the best vocalist but he is sure damn entertaining. And sort of sexy in a weird way.....lol. At this point I don't really care who wins they will both be successful no matter what and chances are, I will buy both their cd's.

LOST: I happened to catch the first several shows and I have been watching the latest episodes due to the convenience of having a dvr. It is totally weird show but a good storyline. I like how it keeps you wanting the "real story". I hope Walt is on the sailboat in the final episode. Will they all be rescued or is there another season?

SURVIVOR: I am not suprised that Aras won the million dollars. It was a pretty boring season. Without the antics of Sean, it wouldnt have been worth watching. Even the abs were unimpressive even though I will say that Terry is "refined like wine" and certainly a dilf?? Just joking family who know what that means! (hint anyway: opposite of milf)
Since Aras admitted he was "homeless and loafing off of his dad" I'm sure that he and his, ahem. . . "partner" will be much better off.

LATELY: On Thursday Jerome and I were invited to lunch by some parents of kids from school. Jerome decided not to go because he was hoping to use a pressure washer a friend who had borrowed it from their Dad.
The group was meeting at the same place in downtown Melbourne that my neighbor Judy and I went to before the play "Forever Plaid" called The Mainstreet Pub. I'm assuming they picked it because it had a bar. I was working downtown that morning so it was convenient for me. The group consisted of two women in their late late 40's Sandy and Leah. Ive known them both a while (the ladies I rode in the limo with on Ladies Night Out 2004). Also Leahs parents, Sandy's husband Rick, Thomas' (boy with Terets Syndrome) Mother-Dayle, and a recently divorced black man named Tom from Trinidad. (Jerome, Charles and I went to a rather wild party at Tom's house with Sandy, Leah and their famlies a year or so ago). They are all fun, outspoken and thirsty individuals. I think they make me look responsible. Ha! It is a group of people we have remained close with since Charles has been at Indialantic and I enjoy their company. We ate and I drank one glass of wine and after school all of us met up at Sandy's house for the kids to play. Sandy was uh, should I say.....TRASHED. Hopefully she doesnt do that every night. Leah just likes to smoke so she was fine and Tom was handling his liquor like a man (Even though I dont' think he should have driven with the kids in the car). I had one more glass of wine, eventually lost interest in "friendship bonding" and we came home to have dinner and unite the family unit once again.

SUMMER: Charles' last day of school is Tues. (5-23). Wow this year sure did go fast. For some reason I bet Bobby's year didnt seem to go this fast. At least you hung in there Bob!! We really don't have any big plans. Just stay close to home and make use of the Atlantic ocean as well as a cool local pool with a waterslide. We will also see several movies and maybe go horseback riding with the Holsteins. (Friends of ours with 3 kids). We will probably go to PD Penquins (Ice skating, food and games) and Andretti (go carts, laser tag, games, mini golf). There are some neat ceramic painting shops and of course the library is always free.
I also have a free ticket to go to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure and tickets for Wonderworks on Intl. Drive so there may be some time spent in Orlando. I think Charles might enjoy Wet and Wild or one of the bigger waterparks too!
We may try to get away at the beginning of July or at the end of July. Get away just means going out of town and staying at a hotel somewhere but fun anyway. Like Gigi says, "We're just gonna play it all by ear."

TODAY: Today is an extremely boring and lazy day for all of us. After a hectic week, sometimes that is most rewarding. Jerome went fishing early this morning and caught nothing. Charles has the sniffles and has been fighting something for the past few days. The last 2 days of school will be the most fun and he doesnt want to miss it. He will really miss his teacher. Yesterday at school, Mr. Bailey gave me a tote bag with all the kids handprints and names. It says: "Thanks for everything, Indialantic Elementary. 2005-2006" . (Charles told me the class only made 3) It is so special...
Anyway, today we did one load of laundry and layed around all day. Mainly to get Charles better but because Jerome woke up so early, he was tired too and I just felt plain L-A-Z-Y. I had plans of shopping, gardening, and beaching. Maybe tomorrow.
Tonight I am making beef enchalada plates with beans & rice and cheddar cheese melted on top. We all love Mexican food. I just wish Jerome liked Italian food as much as I do. I have figured out that any combination of tomatoes, meat, cheese, onions and garlic suits me fine!

PEACE • LOVE • FRIENDSHIP • PASSION • WEALTH • HEALTH • WISDOM • LOYALTY • KNOWLEDGE • COMPASSION • FREEDOM • STRENGTH
(feel free to add to this list of wishes for all!)

2 comments:

Bobby said...

The year has actually gone by very fast. I can't believe I have been in NYC for 8 months.

I know I have been a bit bitter recently about my kids, but it is just "their age" and it is getting warm out. A bad combination in any Middle School, but even worse in West Harlem.

Things will work out for the best, I am sure! Anyway, 5 weeks and I am done! Report cards are due in 2 weeks, so I plan on doing fun projects with them the last 3 weeks of school.

And, this means just 5 weeks until MADONNA!

I have a few weeks off toward the start of July, so you might be having a house guest for a bit!

Bobby said...

Make Memories

Be Present

Take Risks

Know Yourself

Practice Random Acts of Kindness

Celebrate your Successes

Learn from your Failures

No the difference between the two

Smile More!