Monday, May 22, 2006

SHARK BAIT

This is what a fisherman caught with a fishing pole on the beach yesterday just 5 miles north of where we were SWIMMING all day!! It was caught up near Eau Gallie Blvd. It was a 385 lb. Tiger Shark. (mean fish) approx 11 ft long and with Charles only weighing about 55 lbs that makes him some good chum! Rather Scary-wont be swimming in the ocean for a while. Mac did say the bait was running yesterday and I wondered why he wouldnt go swimming. Nice of him to let us go! haha!

4 comments:

Annette said...

That's some fish. Now I know why I don't like the ocean. Stay out of the water!! Tiger did a good job on the picture.

Bobby said...

Tiger sharks are KNOWN to attack humans!

Hmmmm

no comment

Carroll said...

OMG - a tiger shark is just one step below a bull shark and BOTH will attack humans. I stopped going in the ocean to swim when I was scuba diving about 200 yards off the beach in Ft. Lauderdale and saw 4 sharks in 30 minutes. Keep your (our) little "chum" out of the water. Go to that place at Sebastian Inlet that looked safe. I'll be joining you in August.

Bobby said...

I saw on the news tonight that the biggest Hammerhead ever caught was caught today off the coast of Florida...