Tuesday, August 15, 2006

TIME GOES BY SO QUICKLY NOW

I guess I will blog about some of the things going on in my life due to the responses of some who actually check my blog to see if it is updated. As you all know my life is not one of the most exciting but it is life and every bit of it helps me learn and grow. I guess I'd rather live it and remember it than to live it and blog about it. Seems remembering takes so much less time.

Anyway, Charles started school last Wednesday and he likes his teacher so far. Bobby, you will be happy to know she also got her degree at UCF. She did her undergraduate at U of Tenn and she just qualified as a 3rd grade expert, whatever that is. I guess when you have been teaching 3rd grade for 12 years that makes you an expert. She has been at Indialantic Elem for the entire time. There are only 14 kids in his class so I think he will get a lot out of this 3rd grade experience.

I recently had a visit from both of my Mothers. My Mom came to Melbourne for a job interview at the Palm Bay Campus of UCF as an administrator. It was nice to see her if even for a few days. She looks great and has a great attitude towards her big move. She bought a house in NW Palm Bay. It is a neat little split floor plan with 3/2, vaulted ceilings, 2 car garage, wood floors in the living room and brand new carpet in the bedrooms. I think it is a great home for the value! I want to wish her good luck on the job search and I am looking foward to doing a "girlie" shopping/lunch date.

While she was here we went out to lunch with Carolyn and Steve. We went to the New England Eatery down near the Inlet and had LOBSTER! As Rachael Ray would say, "yummo!" Mom and Steve had a lot to talk about being that they are both into diving. The next day we packed up ALL the beach stuff and headed to the beach for 3 hours. I made cold tuna sandwiches which ALWAYS taste really good at the beach for some reason. We saw a guy catch a nurse shark and a huge snook! Too bad it wasn't snook season or he could have kept it and boy is it good eatin"!
I let Mom loose in Melbourne with a rental car on Monday and what did she do? She went for her interview and then went SHOPPING. That's my Mom!! As long as she made it back safely...

Mum Mcdougall came over on Saturday of this past weekend. I guess she just needed to get away for the night. We all went to Texas Roadhouse and enjoyed a GREAT lunch. Annette ordered Charles his first ribeye. I think he will be a steak and potato kind of guy. We were all stuffed. And what's the best thing to do when you are stuffed?? GO SHOPPING!! So we dropped Jerome off and took off to the Viera shops. I was actually looking for some Bermuda shorts but was unable to find any. We all picked a shop we wanted to go to so I picked Old Navy, Mum picked Super Target and Charles picked Planet Replay (a used video game store). Thanks so much for my curtain rod, shirts and stuff. We came home tired and hungry. I made Mum and I tomato, basil & mozzarella salad, crab-stuffed portabellos and left over steak. YUMMO!
She had to leave early the next morning to take care of Granny but she is welcome back ANYTIME!

So I am just sitting here at work waiting on Heike to get back. I am now waiting on her in order to do MY work. That's how it goes. Our sales lady was let go so we have extra work but seem to be ahead anyhow. Take care all and peace. I never know when my next blog will be.

2 comments:

Annette said...

Enjoyed my time with you guys, thanks for having me down for the night. See you soon.

Bobby said...

Wow...sounds busy down there...