Tuesday, February 13, 2007

GRAMMYS SO FAR. . .

I havent had a chance to watch the Grammys in its entirety but this is what I observed so far.
The acts worth remembering:
Justin Timberlake rocked the house and actually play a mean piano.
Skakira belly danced like you would not believe. I wish I could move like that!!
The Police got back together and did a rendition of Roxanne which was great.
Beyonce did her song from Dreamgirls and actually did a lousy job. It sounded better on the cd. I think she is still pissed from not winning a Golden Globe.
Gnarls Barkly sang "Crazy" in a most beautiful way with an orchestra.
Carrie Underwood sang a remake of Bob Wills "San Antonio Rose" and sounded like an angel. She actally sounded like she was singing from an old country radio. It was great!

Other info:
Mary J. Blige (not one of my favorites) won a lot of awards.
The Dixie Chicks won for Song of the Year and Best Album. When they gave their speech, Natalie said "For the first time in my life, Im speechless". Im suprised they let her talk. ha ha.

Here are some pics of the fashion.
These are 2 of the Great ones.... The Girl from the Pussycat Dolls and Christina Aguilera



Here are two, "What the hell were they thinking"...
Imogen Heap and Steven Cojocaru (what the heck has happened to him?????)

2 comments:

Charlene said...

All I can say is Christina had the best vocals and heart of the night.

Bobby said...

I boycotted the Grammys for one reason.. Rafael got a ticket to it and I didn't want to watch it so I could act like I didn't care!

I heard Christina ROCKED IT OUT! Did you hear that Britney shaved her head and got several tatoo's after the grammys? She is just one or two steps away from Anna Nicole Smithville!

The Police are going on tour. Tickets go on sale Tuesday for August 1 & 2 at Madison Square Gardens.

Thanks for the Update! I'm Not Ready to Make Nice Yet either! I am glad the Dixie Chicks got a few awards. Btw, did you know that Natalie, the blonde who got them into so much trouble, is married to the congressman on HEROES who can fly. Just thought I would share!