Tuesday, February 20, 2007

LATELY

Not much going on lately. The most important thing would be Charles' stomach. He seems to be having some very bad stomach aches. At first he said they only happened during math and reading (a likely kid story) but then they started on the weekends too. He has been to see the Dr. and she first recommended giving him lots of water and metamucil cookies. He didnt seem to be constipated, but certainly having difficulty and pain at various times.

Last Thursday, they scheduled him for an Xray which came out normal. Sunday he had a tremendous headache and slept for a few hours in the afternoon. Yesterday, the Dr called and recommended Zantac 75 and scheduled an appt for bloodwork in the afternoon and a sonogram for next week. (we are desperatly trying to move it up to this week). Today he had trouble on the john and went to school not feeling 100%

Yesterday when he went to have blood work, we all went and Jerome was a nervous wreck. (Charles is a mommas boy and Jerome is his momma! lol). When the pathologist came out to get Charles, Jerome had to go outside and I went in with Charles. I just told him to look at me. He didnt even flinch but kept asking questions along the way. "What's that?", "What's that for?". . .
Jerome kept waiting to hear the screams of his tortured child to no avail. My big boy.....

Sooo, after all these tests, keep your fingers crossed that it is something simple.

On Saturday he was feeling fine and we went to a benefit for a guy named Dave Genchi who apparently had a skiing accident reecently and became paralyzed. We didnt know him but he was well known around the community for taking pics of surfers, skaters and local soccer teams since his Dad was a coach. Our friend Jim knew him through his soccer photos.

The benefit had 3 bands, a grill w/ food, jumpy thing for the kids and they were raffling off surf stuff. All of the proceeds went to help him and his recovery. I think they made well over $20,000.

I had 2 beers and Mom had 2 beers, one of which she spilled in the bathroom and one of which she spilled after her fall on the paved road. I assure you she wasnt drunk just blonde. (I did somehow inherit some of these traits because I can usually just injure myself).

Also, after she got home, her "younger" dog of 12 years died in her arms. She has 2 maltese and they have been with her ever since she was in AZ. The older one (Tiamo) is not doing so well and she really didnt expect the younger (Tasha) one to pass so quickly.

So today, Mom is nursing a fractured rib, numerous cuts & bruises and a broken heart. I am glad I can be here for her. Amazing how the role of being "taken care of" for quickly turns to "taking care of"...

2 comments:

Bobby said...

I hate to say it, but the stomach thing might be related to granny being sick and passing, as well as mom having cancer and taking chemo. It might be his way of dealing with the sickness and pain. His way of "connecting" to it. I hope that is all it is and will keep him in my thoughts!

Annette said...

Sure am glad the results from the blood work were ok. He has been through a lot for such a young age.
All you guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Tell Tiger to stop smoking because he needs to keep his promise to me.