Thursday, February 22, 2007

UPDATES

Charles had his sonogram yesterday from Mr. McDreamy. He looked at all of his organs (liver, spleen, kidneys, aorta, etc. . .) but he proceeded to tell me that he couldnt get a good view of the intestines (which is where I think it is and its where Charles says it hurts). All of his organs are normal and we now have an "unauthorized" (meaning the guy gave it to Charles as a souvineer) photograph of his liver. I will kindly blog that when I can get to a scanner. (lol)

Now you know I was concerned for Charles (the seemingly perfectly healthy kid laying on the table) but the tech was (ahem. . .) quite nice looking.

He was great with Charles and he asked him if he had alot of things on his mind. Charles said not really and the guy mentioned his new motorcycle that he couldnt get off of his mind as an example.

Then Charles asked the guy if he could hook the monitor of the sonogram and up to the internet to which the guy responded, "No but if I could, I would be checking out surfline all the time."

Brownie pts. . . unable to use. Anyone have a tummy ache????

Anyway Charles went to school on Tuesday (day before sonogram) looking about 60% as I spoke of in the blog but came home fine. And yesterday, the day of the sonogram (we kept him home from school), he felt GREAT. His appetite is normal but he has a little trouble on the john now and then.

Today again he complained of a minor tummy ache. The Doctor wants to to a Cat Scan next. That seems so drastic but I think it's the only way they can really check his intestines. We really dont know what to do. At this point we are just monitoring him. I have completely cut out yogurt thinking that could be causing a build up of bacteria. The Cat Scan is certainly a possibility. We are staying in close contact with our Dr.

Any opinions?

1 comment:

Annette said...

Charles does have a lot on his mind. I asked him what he thought was wrong and he told me cancer.
Both his grandmothers had breast cancer, his grandfather multiple skin cancers, his great granny lung cancer, so I think he is afraid and of course he has had a problem with "stinkies" for a long time. Not sure what I would do but I would surely tell the doctor about all the stress the family has gone through. Not sure what I would do next but I would consider the mind causing at least part of the problem.