Sunday, January 20, 2008

RANDOM-NESS

Hello 2008. A couple of quick birthdays - Aunt Corrie, Mac and Annette. Tough to have a bday after Xmas. I hope you all enjoyed them.

Tuesday 22nd Charles has one of two orthodontist consultations. The second is on Feb. 5. I wanted 2 opinions. The 29th I get a cavity filled and get my teeth cleaned for my bday. (Thats what you buy yourself when you get old). Also, I am pursuing a free mammogram from the American Breast Cancer Society.

Charles starts flag football at school on Thursday the 24th and is looking forward to it.

We have been enjoying our Xmas presents. We just figured out how to get on the internet on the PSP. We also uploaded a few pictures and Charles' songs. He has greatly enjoyed using it. He really loves all his Playmobil stuff and the Dinosaur book in particular. We also enjoy looking for the artwork in the "find it" books.

I need to get MiniDV tapes for the video recorder. Very cool gift, I can't wait to use it. Jerome is looking forward to getting some surf shots. I intend to take that thing over seas somewhere. . .

I have used my new white sweater, Agner purse, Victoria's Secret sleepwear and umbrella. I plan on trying out the belly dancing lessons soon. Again, I want to thank everyone for such great gifts. I hope this year I can get better things for all of you.

I havent purchased many thing since Xmas except groceries. I recently went to Goodwill to look for long pants for Charles and found a pair of reversable Starters and another tan pair that zips off at the knee to make shorts. Both for under $10. I also found myself a couple of skirts and shirts. Some particularly cute ones in fact. It's easy to find great summer clothes when it is 50 degrees out. Just like it's easy to find coats and what not when it is hot out. Floridians . . . .

We are going on another field trip on the 30th and I tried to get out of it but Jerome, Charles and apparently the teacher really want me to go. It's nice to know I'm needed. It is a highway/charter bus trip to Xmas, FL to see some sort of Florida history festival. It will replace the St. Augustine trip which apparently became too expensive.

Both Charles and I really want to see Cloverfield, so we might go for my birthday. Dinner and a movie with my son and hopefully my 'husband'.

My DVR is empty these days. Mainly, Wife Swap, Reno 911, Girls Next Door (Hugh Hefners girlfriends), Desperate Housewives (when it is on), Criminal Minds, Mad TV and Celebrity Apprentice - which I am now hooked on. I tell ya, Gene Simmons is a hoot! If you watch it, I am convinced that he hung himself for the girls sake. The Baldwin guy is full of energy and "crap" as Alek put it. Carol Alt is still georgous and believe it or not but I think Amorosa is actually likeable!

Jerome and Charles are getting in to the Sarah Conner Cronicles. Speaking of Jerome, his resolution - AGAIN - was to quit smoking. Ask him if he did. I don't ask much around here anymore. . .

Work is ok, steady. My boss is a German woman going through menopause- so that should explain a lot. I work on the computer mostly so sometimes when I come home, it is the last thing I want to do. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are extremely busy since I get up at 6:30, work 2 jobs and get home around 8pm.

I have to kick myself in the butt soon and do a painting or two. I don't know why I am so inhibited. Is it because I don't have an area set up and ready to go? I have to drag everything out of the closet and set it up and clean it up - kind of a drag. Is it because I can't come up with any specific idea to paint about? Maybe I should quit thinking so hard about a subject and just paint. I am dying to use my new colorful Sharpie Markers Annette got me. I just gotta go for it.

I never considered myself an abstract artist. I am much more literal. I am into completing things and not starting something that could take a while. Literalism takes much more time and precision than abstraction. But sometimes abstraction is more fun because you don't have to think about it as much, you just go with the flow.

Subjects I have thought about painting; Beach scene-yawn, palm trees, exotic flowers, frogs, dragonflys, geckos, mixed drinks (could be fun), mermaids and sexy retro women. What do you think would be good subject matter?

Here is an awesome piece I found on the internet. It is a literal picture with a fun and sexy twist. I really like this quirky yet retro style and artistic view - It's something I would love to paint. Of course, it would have to be my idea but the same principle. What do you think?

No comments: