Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A FEW FAVORITES (food of course)

I must be PMS'ing if I am blogging about food again. But maybe you'll learn a little more about me. I think I could survive on eating only the foods on this list.

My family should have taken stock in Marie's. I probably buy at least 20 jars a year. The Bleu Cheese to be exact. My nanny (Grandpa's mother) always had this in the fridge when I came to visit. She would even put it on turkey sandwiches with extra thin bread - a nice memory. She would be thrilled to know that they now make a Marie's SUPER Bleu cheese.

This soup is very hard to find so when I do, I stock up. My mother turned me on to it when I was young and I really like to eat it when Im not feeling good because it is comforting. It is Chalet Suzannes' Romaine soup or better known as “Moon Soup”, named so because it was selected by NASA to be aboard Apollo 15 and 16 on their trips to the moon.  Moon Soup is a romaine soup with mushrooms and blend of spices and is the only one served at the restaurant located in Lake Wales Fl.


Also, who can live without a nice cup of Lobster Bisque with sherry?

Or better yet. . . just the lobster

Im not sure when I discovered Rafalleo but if you have never eaten one, it looks and tastes like a tiny little snowball. It has a crispy shell covered with coconut and inside is a coconut cream with an almond in the center. Taste AND texture!

Leseur Peas. God's gift to people who hate peas. Best in tuna casserole.

I used to eat this for lunch and dinner when I worked at Rexall Drug store. Gooding's was next door and I would go there and get a pound of the stuff from the deli section. And believe it or not but the longer it sat under the heat lamp, the better. It is quickly becoming a Thanksgiving staple even though I DID aquire a taste for the McDougall home made mac N cheese.

This is my favorite salad. The Cobb. Usually consists of avocado, bacon, eggs, cucumber, turkey, crumbled bleu cheese and tomatoes minus the salmonella

Tacos and Gyros of course!


And aside from the usual Turkey, bacon, bleu cheese & lettuce sandwich, this would have to be my second favorite. THE MUFFALETTA! What flavor - italiano!

1 comment:

Bobby said...

I like your choice of food, without the pees. I like frozen pees because they are not mushy, and also make great ice packs right from the freezer.

If I eat breakfast it is bacon and eggs.

Lunch is a protein and veg from the deli hot bar.

Dinner is usually a protein and two veggies from whole foods or wherever. I dont buy much at the grocery store anymore.

My new treat is the sweet tea from McDonald's for $1