Saturday, March 11, 2006

Hello again cyber world!

Well, as usual not much going on except LIFE! Wow what an oxymoron.

We went to the store this morning and bought the usual stuff. We had $100 to spend (you know how we like CASH). Doesn't go very far as you all know. First of all, I forgot my calculator. I LOVE that thing. Keeps me well in my budget. We tried to stay within what we thought was well below $100 since we had a c-note to spend.
Well, the bill came out to about 109 and change and that was a subtotal BEFORE our charcol, wood chips and beer. I looked at Jerome and he looked at me and said he had only 103. JEEEZ.
Well, it WAS more than I thought he had. So not only did we have to to put back the charcol, wood chips and beer but we had to take another $3 off by turning in, under my decision, the canola oi, ranch dressing & stove top stuffing. Anyway, might as well put back the bad stuff. I wasnt that embarassed cause at least we asked her for a subtotal before the beer & stuff and the girl behind us had a ipod and was thumbing through the mags. It didn't take us long to get outta there.

Our shopping cart more or less consisted of items like gatoraid, caprisun, sliced turkey, carrots, celery, tomatoes, lettuce, bread, honeybuns, bacon, frozen dinners, bagels, chips, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, yogurt, country fried steak, raviloi, canned veggies, pork chops, steaks, sausage patties, hamburger meat, tunafish, pita bread, milk, eggs, alfredo sauce, yellow & rice a roni, and lots of legumes for some reason like lima beans, black beans, baked beans & pinto beans (to make in crockpot).

Considering all we got is food, I think we did pretty good. Especially since we are feeding a family of 3 for a week and off course we eat out periodically.

Anyway, After shopping, I made sandwiches and we went to the beach to soak up some sun. Basically dethaw. Earth/Florida/Melbourne/Indialantic/Tampa Ave. It was perfect weather! About 72 degrees with a light breeze. I chilled & ate. Going shopping when you are hungry is pure torture, not to mention Mac and I don't always agree on whats necessary like my Marie's blue cheese and his beer. Equally heart clogging. But we made it.

There were several pelicans today hanging out on the beach. They are so cool. Not very interesting to watch but cautious and beautiful. There was a dad down the beach trying so hard to fly a kite for his kid. He kept running and the kite would go up in the sky and fly for a minute then plummet to the ground. His persistence was admirable. He did eventually, after several tries, get the kite to fly.

The water was cool but not cold and there was a little area right at the water's edge that was only about 1 or 2ft deep and perfect for Charles or anyone else who didnt want to go out deeper.

We ALL enjoyed the weather and of course Mac and I enjoyed people watching. We all know you have to have sunglasses on to do this. BIts of eye candy here and there. More for him than me.

We are home now. Charles has been allowed to rent Godzilla Final Wars which is on "in demand" on cable and only $3.99 for 24 hours. Meaning he can watch it twice, today and tomorrow if he wants. Mac's Gators are playing basketball and he is out in "his room". I am here on the comp. catching up on blogs, emails, downloading stuff for ads and "listening" to CD's I rented at the library on my "cd BURNER". I have Alicia Keys, Eric Clapton, The Pretenders and Usher. I enjoy having them in my collection. cough.

I have to assemble a "control panel" prop using empty boxes for the play in which Charles' class will participate. I actually did the same "control panel" last year but I guess the other teacher didnt save it. This year, I will make a better one!

We are having steak and bacon wrapped shrimp (yumminess!) for dinner and we will enjoy the rest of our day hanging out as a family.

Bloggin Peace Ya'll!

1 comment:

Bobby said...

I spent $60 bucks today, and almost $8 of that was for 5 gallons of water to get me through the week. Now that I don't drink soda, I am drinking SO much water. The rest was on tomatoes, lettuce, whole grain bread, cucumber, instant pudding boxes (2 chocolate and 2 lemon), organic skim milke ($5 for a half gallon!), petridge farm cookies destictive collection box ($6), vanilla and almond Special K, whole wheat pita 6 pack, shredded cheese, muenster cheese slices, boar's head turkey and ham, and some ritz baked chips. Lunch stuff mostly... oh, a couple frozen pizzas and two chicken pot pies. My fried eggs and bacon doesn't sound nearly as good as your dinner, and I am sure you won't set off the smoke alarm. I miss you guys!