Sunday, March 25, 2007

MOM'S 60TH BDAY!

On Wednesday March 14th Corrie, Mom and I went to see a male strip show for Mom's 60th birthday. What a way to turn 60!

I left from work to pick Mom up and take her to a local bar in Palm Bay to celebrate and hang out with other women and naked men. Hmmm. Sounds like I shouldnt be going.

I invited my friend Danelle from work and she invited another girlfriend. They decided to meet us there so I went to get Mom. I get to her house and of course she is in pink sequins. What else? I'm wearing a jean mini skirt, black lace tank top, black boots and a matching jean jacket that comes down 1/2 way.

We get to the bar and get ready to get in when Mom tells me she forgot the tickets. Ok ok. . I often wonder if these things have any thing to do with her age or hair color. Oh well, no worries we still have time and she practically lives right around the corner. So we head home, grab the tickets and head back.

We get in and there is Corrie in the front row right next to the dance floor - which I guess is gonna be the stage. She has put balloons on Moms chair (they werent in anyones way - at this point) and given her a pink boa. So we sit and order drinks.

You could tell this was some "hometown" bar. It had a really small dance floor, 6 big screen tv's, pool tables and a wrap around bar, nothing particularly exciting. We chat and I pull up 2 more chairs and wait for Danelle and her friend.

The show starts and this thin, handsome announcer comes out and gets the women pumped up. He says they will give away prizes (calendars and pictures) at the end of the show. He asked us to write our 1st and last names on a dollar bill and drop it in the tip jar and they will draw names. He gave the bucket to me and Mom, Corrie and I were the 1st to put our $ in. I wrote my first name really small on the corner since I didnt want my first and last name on the now defaced money.

Within minutes you heard the James Bond song and out (from a curtain in the back of the bar) comes this short, stocky guy with a blonde crew cut. He looked so totally nervous. He had this smile that wouldnt quit. Kind outta character since James didnt really smile, he smirked. Anyway, he was fun to watch.

There were only 5 guys and 2 of them did the "cowboy" thing. come on, they could have switched it up! One guys was really built and seemed much older and the other guy was a little mexcian looking thing.

I tell you, a guy in a thong is really not all its cracked up to be. The cutest guy looked best in his pants and no shirt.

I saw many similarities and differences in male and female dancers. First of all one of the differences is that the crowd at this show (all females) was really pumped. They danced (some even for each other) and shoved dollar after dollar in these guys freakin underwear! Money was flowing!!

You could tell that some of the guys were nervous at first. ( I can only imagine. . . .)

Anyway, at the end of the show the announcer comes over and hands me the bucket filled with bills and tells me to draw a name. I reached way down in the bottom, where my dollar was and pulled one out. He couldnt find a name so I looked and sure enough, it was my name! He totally didnt beleive me and thought I was pulling the wool over his eyes but I insisted I drew it. Which amazingly enough, I did. He held my dollar and continued to draw names for calendars. When they were wrapping things up and taking polaroids I went over and gave him hell.

Needless to say, Mom now owns an autographed pair of mens underpants!! Good times!

See the guys at http://www.mfxw.com/

1 comment:

Annette said...

Sounds like a very interesting evening