Sunday, April 01, 2007

One Big Adventure(er)

Our fun trip to Orlando to visit famliy and play was quickly dampered by the sudden mechanical issues surrounding our car. It pretty much quit on me one hour before leaving to go to Orlando. (We all said "better here than on the highway").

$650 and a family camping trip is what came out of it. Jerome, Charles and I towed the camper down Thursday evening and camped alone and then Mom came Friday night.

I saw manatees while out on the kayak. I didnt have my camera then but here are a couple of pictures from my 2nd trip. (I should have taken more but it's a good excuse to go back)


This pelican was hunkering down for the evening in this flimsy tree. There were several others too. He let me get pretty close and kept his eye on me.


This was my view on Friday evening. Peaceful mariner.

1 comment:

Annette said...

Glad you got to have some fun. Wish you could have visited but I understand what happens when your car breaks down. See you soon