Thursday, February 28, 2008

THIS WILL MAKE YA HUNGRY

Did you happen to catch that show on the Food Network that showcased the "Best of" as nominated by Bon Apetit Magazine? As you know, I love food. Here is an overview of the top picks.

PIZZA:
Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix, AZ
www.pizzeriabianco.com
• wood burning oven.
• lots of choices of toppings

TACOS:
Taco Taco Cafe in San Antonio, TX
tacotacosa.com
• home made tortillas
• Only open til 2pm


BURGERS:
Bobcat Bite in Santa Fe, NM
• Famous for green Chili Burger
• 50yr old griddle
• Top sirloin, boneless chuck

FRIED CHICKEN
Willie May's Scotch House in New Orleans, LA
No website but review
www.bestofneworleans.com
• ravaged by Katrina but up and running now


RIBS
17th Sreet Bar & Grill in Murphysborough, IL
www.17thstreetbarbecue.com
• Numerous awards for sauce & ribs


STEAK
Peter Luger's in Brooklyn, NY
www.peterluger.com/brooklyn.cfm
• Signature cut is the Porterhouse
which serves 2, 3 or 4.



2 comments:

Jannx said...

The food looks very, very good.

Unknown said...

Wow, I don't know if you'll even ever see this comment (doesn't look like you blog a lot), but I had to leave it anyway. I googled your brother, William, to see if I could find a current e-mail addy for him (it has been years since I've talked to him) and your blog came up! You and I met once, must've been in 2002, at your home. Your son and I played "Mouse Trap" on the floor in your front room? Anyhoo, I couldn't just leave without saying something. So I'll just say "hello", hope you remember me, and RE: the entry about the person who found Dead Kermit in their food; I think that calls for some follow-up. Did the other half ever turn up? (kidding) Bye, Stephanie Jeffery